Are you freaked out because you do not know how to delete your Cash App account? Don’t worry anymore as this is the best place to get answers. In this guide, we have compiled a step-by-step method to make the process of deleting your account a walk in the park. After reading through and taking every step as directed here, I bet you will be all smiles. So read with me as we begin.
Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer platform that can be used to send and receive money as this is its original aim. This app has been in existence for over a decade and during those years, many other features and functions have been added. Hence, you can use Cash App to invest in bitcoin and stock, pay bills, and so on.
In the course of using Cash App, one may experience some situations that may necessitate closing your account or permanently deleting the account. It is in cases like this that people search for how to delete their Cash App account.
If you are in such a situation and do not know how to go about it, don’t worry. Follow the steps given in this guide and you will be surprised at how easy the process is. Without wasting time further, let’s get straight into it.
Can I Delete My Cash App Account And Make A New One?
This is a very important question that had laced the internet today. And it will rate you to know that it is possible to delete your Cash App account and more so, permanently.
Cash App accounts like your regular bank or social media accounts can be deleted. As situations may necessitate such action. For instance, if your account continually faces threats from Cash App scams, you might decide to close the account and delete it permanently. Or if the owner of the account died.
Before you go ahead to delete your account, there are certain things that you need to do. And there are steps to take that would guarantee a successful account deletion. All of these are what we will show you in the succeeding part of this article.
What To Do Before You Delete Your Cash App Account.
Before you begin the process of deleting your account on Cash App, here are certain activities that you need to carry out.
Cash Out All Funds In The Account.
This is the first thing to do. By cash out we mean, you should first withdraw all the money left in your Cash App account. This is because, after deleting the account, you will no longer be able to access the funds.
To Cash Out on Cash App, you can either withdraw the money with your cash card, make payments with it, or simply transfer the money to your bank account or someone else’s Cash App account. There are many ways to cash out. So, make sure you employ one of the methods and get your money out of the account.
Here is how to cash out to your linked bank account.
- Log into your Cash App account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on the Home icon
- On the next page, you will find the Cash Out button. Click on it
- Choose the account where the money will be sent by clicking on your linked bank account.
Once this is done, your funds will be transferred to your bank account in no time. Then you are ready to start the process of “how to delete my Cash App account.
How To Delete Cash App Account
Now that you have successfully withdrawn the balance in your Cash App account. It’s now time to delete it permanently. The process is easy but it will take a few steps to get it done as it is concealed in different menus. So let’s see the steps on how to delete your Cash App account permanently
- Open your Cash App or simply go back to the home screen where you first selected Cash Out.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home screen and click on the profile icon.
- This will give you a list of options. Scroll to the bottom of the options and select Support Link.
- On the Support Page, you will find a lot of help options. However, the option to close your account is not listed there. Click on Something Else.
- On the Next Page, Click on Account Settings to take you to the settings page.
- Now select Close Account and then Close My Cash App Account.
- The next page will show you information about what it means to close your account. Read through it and if you are sure you want the account closed, tap the Confirm Closing Account Link.
- With this confirmation, your Cash App account will be deleted and no one will be able to send money with your $Cashtag.
- Next, you can delete the app from your phone. This is very simple to do. For Android, hold the app and select Uninstall. While for iPhone, you will delete the app from your App Store.
With these steps taken, you have successfully deleted your Cash App account.
How To Permanently Delete Cash App Account Of A Dead Person
If you list your loved one and you want to also close and delete their Cash App account, then you must know their login details, bank account, and other details that will be needed. After that, follow the same steps explained above to delete the account.
However, if you do not have their password, you can contact Cash App, explain the situation and you will get help.
Also Read: How To Remove Family Account On Cash App
Read More: 6 Cash App Card Benefits
How Can I Delete My Cash App Payment History?
You can not delete your entire transaction or payment history on Cash App. Note, however, that your transaction history is private. No one else but you and the other party involved in the transaction can see it.
Can I Use Cash App Without A Bank Account?
Yes, you can use Cash App without a bank account. However, without a bank account, you will be limited to a transaction limit of $1000 monthly.
How To Delete Cash App Account On iPhone
For you to delete Cash App account on any iPhone is very easy. But before you proceed, make sure you must have withdrawn all the money in your account, now follow these steps to permanently delete your account;
Tap on the Cash App on your phone home screen => navigate support feature and teach out to their customer representative. They will help you delete your account instantly, after the account closure” go ahead and delete the app from your cell phone.
This article has shown you how to delete a Cash App account in the simplest way ever. I hope this was helpful. Follow each step accordingly and within a split of minutes, your account deletion process will be complete.